Who doesn’t want plumpy, fuller lips with a youthful appearance? Lip enhancement is a series of procedures for adding or restoring volume to the lips and a smooth appearance around the lips and the mouth. Along with various surgical procedures such as lip implants, cosmetic surgeries are increasingly using minimally invasive techniques that produce results that last up to 1 year or more.
If you are bothered about your thin and asymmetrical lips, then cosmetic procedures are the solution for you to regain your confidence while addressing all your concerns. The concerns that cosmetic procedures can tackle are as follows-
- Restore volume to thin and aging lips
- Improvement in the symmetry of lower and upper lips can be achieved by individual upper lip augmentation surgery or lower lip augmentation surgery.
- Enhance the smooth vertical lip lines
- Refine the thin or flat lips
Why Consider Lip Augmentation surgery?
Lip augmentation will be the right procedure for you to undergo if you face the below-mentioned conditions-
- Lips are extremely thin and don't appear when you smile.
- With age, lips have become thinner.
- The appearance and the thinness of your lips make you uncomfortable and low on confidence and self-esteem.
- As per your face structure, fuller and plump lips will suit you better.
- Lip augmentation with your desired results will make you feel confident.
The most popularly used lip augmentation treatment is Fat or Dermis graft which is discussed below-
Fat or dermis graft
The fat graft procedure means taking fat from one part of your own body through liposuction and using this fat to get filler and plumpy lips. It is highly recommended as there is no chance of any allergic reaction with this procedure. The only thing to take care of is that the process of liposuction takes much longer time so it is quite a time-consuming process.
Treatment options for lip augmentation surgery
The type of lip augmentation cosmetic procedure depends on the patient’s features and is decided after the complete examination by the doctor.
Understanding which procedure will work best in your case is the initial step toward deciding on a lip augmentation procedure and during the clinical evaluation, the doctor will discuss the most effective procedure to get favorable results.
Lip filler injections
Hyaluronic lip fillers are a popular non-surgical procedure that provides temporary lip enhancement at an affordable price. The results of the dermal lip fillers can last for 4 to 12 months and help you provide soft, and natural-looking lips. Lip fillers can boost lip volume, enhance lip shape, and smooth vertical lip lines. The complete procedure usually takes 15 to 30 minutes.
Fat injections or fat grafting use fat from another body part as lip fillers. It usually involves liposuction surgery on various parts of the body but can be carried out without any incision on the face or the lips.
How long does the Lip Augmentation effect last?
The duration of your fuller lips depends on the type of procedure you undergo like-
- The lip fillers procedure results last up to 6 months to one year.
- Fat grafting procedure results last for at least five years.
- A lip lift is permanent.
Pros and Cons of the Lip Augmentation surgery
There are some pros and cons associated with lip augmentation surgery that should be taken into consideration before considering going for this procedure. Some of the basic ones are discussed below so that the patient can set realistic expectations with the lip filler procedure.
Pros of the treatment
- You can return to work immediately after the non-surgical procedure of lip augmentation.
- Depending on your end goal and budget, you can choose from a variety of options available for lip augmentation surgery.
- It boosts your confidence and self-esteem by enhancing your overall appearance.
- It helps you get the exact desired results within realistic expectations.
Cons of the treatment
- Synthetic dermal lip fillers are temporary and require frequent top up consultations or surgeries to keep the results up to date.
- If the body rejects the synthetic fillers, you may experience redness and itchiness during and even after the procedure is completed.
- It is quite costly as you have to undergo various procedures to achieve the desired results.
Book an Appointment